Blog posts on current things, interesting ones may become permanent articles, others remain here in the date-ordered listing
- Wireplay calling - hello 1996! 2 min read - Jul 30, 2022 - by Slash A recently recovered BT Wireplay trial pack from Slash’s loft - let’s open it up :) BONUS: Phlash had one of the original CD-RWs as sent to the pressing plant!
- GEO Trio II In-Home-Display Insides 6 min read - Nov 6, 2021 - by Phlash I’d like to build my own modules for this extensible display..
- Libvirt, QEMU & Samba 4 min read - Oct 1, 2020 - by Phlash Finally getting a working user-mode shared folder!
- Apeman H45 Trail Camera Insides 1 min read - Jul 4, 2020 - by Phlash I needed to factory reset a borrowed trail cam but the owner forgot the PIN..
- A talk on threat modelling 1 min read - May 24, 2020 - by Phlash Phil did a talk last year for the local OWASP chapter..
- Face Recognition 5 min read - Dec 28, 2019 - by Phlash Phil recently noticed that Google Picasa has been discontinued since 2016 on all platforms, and he’s heavily invested in the facial recognition capability (over 200 people tagged in 20000+ photos over several years), with increasing likelihood that it will stop working at any point. Time to rescue the knowledge and find alternative technology.
- Static sites are cool 1 min read - Jun 1, 2019 Static site are fun ;)
- Blackhole DNS 6 min read - Aug 10, 2017 - by Phlash Over the last couple of months, Phil has been helping Joseph track down a credential leak problem using various network defence techniques.
- Bosch SMS Disassembly 3 min read - Dec 5, 2016 - by Phlash Phil] just experienced a dishwasher failure, it started tripping the house power and thus some disassembly was required.
- Lenovo Battery Hack 3 min read - Jun 3, 2016 - by Phlash Yep, that’s actually a post title. it turns out that Phil’s laptop is fussy about the brand of battery you use, or to put another way: Lenovo like to lock users into their expensive batteries..right..